by Regina Kenney
There’s an old adage that goes, “getting there is half the fun” – and boy is that true for climbing the O2 in London.
This was a unique London experience, where we climbed over one of the city’s most iconic buildings. We strapped on harnesses, hitched our carabiners to a wire, and made the trek over the building where the world’s biggest stars have performed.
Quick Facts about the O2:
- Building first opened in 2000.
- It cost £789 million to build.
- Bon Jovi played the first show (in 2007).
- The fastest selling show to date was the Spice Girls reunion in 2007.
- More than 600 artists have played there.
- 60 million + people have visited the venue since it was built.
The climb was not extremely difficult. More of a leisurely incline with a brilliant background. The guides are extremely knowledgeable about the city and the building, pointing out unique facts along the way.
I was a bit wary about doing this activity because I have a fear of heights. If you share my affliction, do not worry. The building is so massive and the climb feels so safe that I didn’t have a moment of worry – it was all smiles and giggles the whole way up then down.
Highly recommend this activity. I don’t believe there’s anything quite like this experience in London.
Huge thanks to LovePopUpsLondon.com and the O2 for the opportunity!